Inky Judge Call Out! One Week To Go!
So, you want to be an Inky judge? Well there’s just ONE WEEK TO GO TO APPLY! You know what that means?
What does an Inky Awards Judge do?
- Reads all 20 longlisted books (which you get to keep) within three months (from late April to mid-July).
- In consultation with the other judges, selects the shortlist of 10 books.
- Acts as a champion for the Inky Awards. This means being willing and able to do public speaking events (at your school, at a festival…), responding quickly to media requests, and encouraging your peers to vote in the Awards, both in person and on social media.
- Write 3-4 posts for the Inside a Dog website.
To apply, complete the form and upload your written or video application. Please note that written applications must not exceed 500 words (PDF preferred) and video applications should have a running time of no more than 3 minutes.
In your written/video application please address the following questions:
- Why do you love to read?
- Why would you make a great Inky Awards judge?
- What book do you think is the ultimate YA novel? Why?
So what are you waiting for?