Inky's Choice: Team Human
5 reasons to read Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan:
1. It's not your normal vampire book. Or anti-vampire book.
2. “A vampire who wants to go to high school? That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.” That's a direct quote, folks.
3. It's got a laugh-out-loud sense of humour.
4. The world-building is solid. Vampires exist in America like any other persecuted minority.
5. It manages some truly poignant moments about love, friendship, and mortality.